Saturday, August 6, 2011

What We Had for Dinner

When Steve and I got married, I was still a bit of a cooking novice. I assumed I didn't have the patience to cook, since I don't have the patience for much of any hobby. I've challenged myself, though, and realize now I'm very good at following a recipe.

Last night, Steve's boss came over for dinner and I treated them to Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas. Had I known his boss was coming, I probably would have made something nicer but these were a big hit. They were a bit spicy for my palate, so next time I'll probably reduce the chili powder. But, I'm a wuss.

I don't know what it is about football season, but we usually end up with at least one unannounced guest. Chicken enchiladas will be a great Saturday meal for welcome friends.

Tonight, Steve and I enjoyed Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Vegetables, which was excellent but may be more of a fall meal. Also, you can freeze these and cook later.


If you're not on Real Simple's recipe e-mail list, you're missing out. They send you a daily recipe and everything I've made has been a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment