Friday, June 5, 2015

You hold the future.


There's a few things I have to do on every trip to New Orleans: shop at Fleurty Girl, Marie Laveau's and all around the Quarter; treat myself to a hurricane and a hang grenade (or maybe a few); and have my palm read in front of St. Louis Cathedral.

Usually, it's a comical mix of generic truths, terrible advice and things that are just dead wrong. On our trip over Memorial Day, my reading really struck home.


  • My work is (finally) going to calm down in July.
  • I need to stop worrying. I'll always have money. I'll never need a hand out. And I have a great body. (Why, thank you.)
  • I'm a great budgeter but could cut back more. So true.
  • I'm stubborn. Steve is 10x more stubborn.
  • I take after my mom, but I got my dad's brains.
  • I'm going to have a baby in a 1.5 years. When I told her we didn't want kids, she said birth control doesn't really work well in my family. (Yikes!)
The whole trip was a much needed escape for me and Steve. It's so nice to have a home away from home in this majestic city.

No comments:

Post a Comment