Saturday, March 26, 2011

I want a bookcase.

Does anyone out there share my love of bookcases?

I mean, I really love bookcases. It probably springs from my love of surface area and the ability to use all that surface area for whatever you want: books, photos, accessories.

As part of my 30 before 30 list, I need to decorate our home, and I can't live without a bookcase.

Our current house doesn't have a built in bookcase and since we're in an end-unit townhouse, there's not a lot of opportunity without covering up windows. Well, except in the man cave.

My husband has taken over the basement with a huge television and Braves, Cubs and Florida State Seminole paraphernalia. It also has the greatest alcove for a built in bookcase.


See where the wall protrudes on the right side? Against this wall!

(Image courtesy of i suwannee)

And this would be my inspiration. Not so cluttered and obviously the TV needs a little more room. It fills the space so well and gives the room such versatility.

Now just to convince the Mr....

No comments:

Post a Comment