Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well hello, blog!

Confession: I've been a bad blogger lately. When I started Magnolias Bloom, I promised I would post regularly. Well, after a lengthy absence, I'm ready to admit I've fallen short of my goal but I'm also ready to try again!

My last post was February 7, which was right around the time I accepted a new job! For a while, I've known my career in media relations was no longer fun for me. In fact, some of the days I dealt with reporters were stressful enough to make me question my life decisions.

Also during this time frame, I fell in love with Twitter. I've been on Facebook since 2004 (yikes!) and Twitter since 2009. While Facebook is fun for pictures and funny posts from friends, I actually learn things from Twitter, from news to sports to diet advice. Twitter is what you make it and if you take the time to build a community you value, you will find it's a treasured resource.

I've been blessed to find a job in social media marketing for political candidates and non-profits. It's been such a great, challenging, educational and exciting month for me, and I'm so excited for the future.

So, in addition to my 30 for 30 challenge, I will also use this space to share some interesting new media news and advice I learn along the way. I hope you'll still come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment