Monday, January 24, 2011

Book 2: Courage and Consequence

One of the perks of my job is that I get to meet Republicans as they swing through Georgia. In 2010, Karl Rove visited the Georgia Republican Party as part of our Republican Round-Up, which included training sessions for grassroots volunteers as we geared up for the election cycle.

Mr. Rove was nice enough to hold press availability before the event and I sat in on the session. Marietta Daily Journal reporter Jon Gillooly was kind enough to record most of it. I was so struck in the interview by Mr. Rove's depth of knowledge (heck, he threw in some Georgia knowledge) and his likability. A speech to our attendees only underscored those observations.

I enjoyed reading his book immediately after President Bush's because they discuss similar events with the different perspectives.

I also enjoyed it because the political insight it provides into both the Bush campaign plans and their agenda in office.

Above all, I was touched by the dedication and admiration Rove had for Bush, even after a tumultuous professional relationship. I hope to be blessed with that type of trust in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment